Following Sunday’s Valencia MotoGP season finale, an official test began at the circuit on Tuesday morning.
The test offers the first chance for riders to appear with their 2018 teams; Jack Miller at Pramac Ducati, Scott Redding at Aprilia and Tito Rabat at Avintia Ducati, while rookies Franco Morbidelli, Takaaki Nakagami and Xavier Simeon are making their MotoGP debuts.
Thomas Luthi is missing the test due to foot injuries at Sepang and is replaced by HRC test rider Takumi Takahashi.
Testing takes place from 10am to 5pm.
1. = Marc Marquez SPA Repsol Honda (RC213V) 1m 30.673s
2. = Aleix Espargaro SPA Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) 1m 30.756s +0.083s
3. = Andrea Dovizioso ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP17/18) 1m 30.850s +0.177s
4. ^5 Pol Espargaro SPA Red Bull KTM Factory (RC16) 1m 31.166s +0.493s
5. ˅1 Maverick Vinales SPA Movistar Yamaha (YZR-M1) 1m 31.215s +0.542s
6. ˅1 Johann Zarco FRA Monster Yamaha Tech3 (YZR-M1) 1m 31.227s +0.554s
7. ^6 Cal Crutchlow GBR LCR Honda (RC213V) 1m 31.259s +0.586s
8. ˅2 Jack Miller AUS Octo Pramac (Desmosedici GP17) 1m 31.276s +0.603s
9. ˅2 Dani Pedrosa SPA Repsol Honda (RC213V) 1m 31.328s +0.655s
10. ˅2 Bradley Smith GBR Red Bull KTM Factory (RC16) 1m 31.415s +0.742s
11. ˅1 Jorge Lorenzo SPA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP17/18) 1m 31.586s +0.913s
12. ˅1 Valentino Rossi ITA Movistar Yamaha (YZR-M1) 1m 31.596s +0.923s
13. ˅1 Tito Rabat SPA Reale Avintia (Desmosedici GP16) 1m 31.673s +1.000s
14. = Danilo Petrucci ITA Octo Pramac (Desmosedici GP17/18) 1m 31.721s +1.048s
15. = Scott Redding GBR Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) 1m 32.317s +1.644s
16. = Karel Abraham CZE Aspar Ducati (Desmosedici GP16) 1m 32.484s +1.811s
17. = Franco Morbidelli ITA EG 0,0 Marc VDS (RC213V)* 1m 33.101s +2.428s
18. = Takumi Takahashi JPN LCR Honda (RC213V)* 1m 33.216s +2.543s
19. = Takaaki Nakagami JPN EG 0,0 Marc VDS (RC213V) 1m 34.234s +3.561s
20. = Xavier Simeon BEL Reale Avintia (Desmosedici GP16)* 1m 35.331s +4.658s
˄X Rider has X higher positions than end of previous hour.
= Rider has same position as end of previous hour.
˅X Rider has X lower positions than end of previous hour.
Blue = Factory Team.
Red = Satellite Team.
2017 Valencia MotoGP:
Marc Marquez SPA Honda 1m 29.897s (Qualifying 2)
Fastest race lap:
Johann Zarco FRA Yamaha 1m 31.576s
Official Valencia MotoGP records:
Jorge Lorenzo SPA Yamaha 1m 29.401s (2016)
Fastest race lap:
Jorge Lorenzo SPA Yamaha 1m 31.171s (2016)
Crash motogp RSS Feed